Spending Realms as your online currency helps you obtain the full value of your Karatbars. Saving Realms will give you a hedge against possible UK financial conditions where prices of gold rise against the pound. Earn Karatpoints on purchases and spend them to get even better value.
Welcome to the UK Karatbars Exchange - the community currency service for people living and working within the UK who want to receive the full value of their Karatbars when they exchange goods and services.
Who can benefit from joining the Karatbar Exchange?
- Small Businesses that employ local people, purchase some supplies or pay for some business services locally and want to increase their revenue from other local businesses or consumers
- Community Organisations and Charities who want to increase support from small business and reduce expenses from their UK suppliers
- Private Individuals who wish to boost their earning capacity through part time self-employment or extra wages and also wish to spend this extra income with local business or charities.
What exactly is a Karatbar and how do I exchange £'s for gold?
Visit Karatbars Lancaster to find out all about Karatbars. These are plastic or metal cards the size of a credit card that contain various denominations of gold embedded within them. To be involved as a member of the UK Karatbars Exchange you need to be either a customer or an affiliate for Karatbars International Ltd. You will then be able to order the Karatbars of your choice and make use of this site to exchange the full value of your Karatbars with others in the UK.
What exactly is a Realm and how do I exchange it?
- The Realm is a Complementary Community Currency that is created whenever members of this community convert their Karatbars into Realms at the rate of 1 Realm = 1 Classic Karatbar. The Realm is linked to the price of 1gm Gold in the form of a Karatbar in this way so that it can be converted back into 1 Classic Karatbar whenever a member of the community needs to exchange their local liquidity for national liquidity.This means that the value of our community currency will rise or fall as the value of the £ changes against Gold.
- When a member creates Realms they are creating an opportunity for the community as a whole. The number of times a Realm can be exchanged for trades is unlimited but it can never be spent outside the community.This means that the community economy is boosted by keeping money circulating within the community.
The UK Karatbars Exchange is a community service provided by No Ink Marketing Ltd and assisted by Transition City Lancaster Volunteers that has been set up to provide support to the idea of a more resilient community inspired by the Transition Towns Movement.