Welcome to the Realm Exchange - the new service for local people living and working within a 25 mile radius of Lancaster, UK that puts more buying power into members' wallets and boosts local trade.
Who can benefit from joining the Realm Exchange?
- Local Businesses that employ local people, purchase some supplies or pay for some business services locally and want to increase their revenue from other local businesses or consumers
- Local Community Organisations and Charities who want to increase support from local business and reduce expenses from local suppliers
- Private Individuals who wish to boost their earning capacity through part time self-employment or extra wages and also wish to spend this extra income with local business or charities.
What exactly is a Realm and how do I exchange it?
- The Realm is a Complementary Community Currency that is issued by members of this community and backed by their commitment to provide goods and services in return for the right to issue money into circulation.
- When a member creates Realms they are creating an interest free debt to the community as a whole. It is not a debt to a bank or to The Realm Exchange, it is a commitment to the community to supply the same value of goods or services in return.
- The Realm is used alongside the £ to exchange goods and services between members. Each member is free to choose for themselves the relative percentage of Realms and Pounds acceptable for each transaction.
The Realm Exchange is a financial service provided by Reliable Green Web Ltd that has been set up to provide support to the idea of a more localised economy inspired by the Transition Towns Movement.